COVID-19: Please come alone to your appointment. You must wash your hands immediately upon entering Obscura Tattoo and you must wear a mask AT ALL TIMES while inside Obscura Tattoo. You are responsible for providing your own mask. Should you not bring one I will sell you a disposable mask for 5$. Don't forget! Please do not put coats and bags on the floor. Please note that deposits paid for tattoos that were rescheduled due to the quarantine do not need to be used during the one year period like my deposits normally are.
1. I am a resident artist at Obscura Tattoo located at 115 Bank street in downtown Ottawa. Regrettably at this time my booth is up two flights of stairs and is not wheelchair accessible.
2. My hours of operation are as follows: Wednesday - Saturday from 11am to close. Sessions are available by the half and full day for large scale work.
I am very open to accommodating your specific needs. I am all about making my clients feel safe and comfortable. You can listen to music, watch movies, or do anything within reason to make yourself comfortable. I am a very patient person and take all the time it needs to finish your piece. Please do not be shy about asking for breaks or tapping out - I am not here to judge you! I am also very understanding of tics, sensory and mobility concerns.
3. My books open two months at a time to limit client wait times and ease my organization. Books will always be open on the 1st of whatever the booking period may be and close approximately three days after they open. Please allow seven days to hear back.
Booking Periods and their "books open" dates:
December 2020 - January 2021: NOVEMBER 1st
February 2021 - March 2021: JANUARY 1st
April 2021 - June 2021: MARCH 1st
4. I price everything except very large scale multi-session pieces individually, or at my half or full day rates depending on size. The quote given to you is completely individual and based on size, level of detail, style, and placement on the body. I charge slightly more for torso, hands, feet, face and neck than for limbs (arm and leg) due to many factors including but not limited to skin density, pain level/difficulty of the sit for the client and the position I have to tattoo in. Pricing is unique for every piece, please contact me directly to chat about it. I am open to working with a budget if you have one, but please note that it may limit the size/detail level we can achieve. My minimum charge for tiny tattoos is 150$ plus tax.
Half-day rate (as of December 2020): 500$+tax (3 - 4.5 hour appointment)
Full-day rate (as of December 2020): 900$+tax (5+ hour appointment)
5. I will require a deposit within 24 hours of booking you. Deposits are COMPLETELY NON-REFUNDABLE for any reason including COVID-19 closures. If 48 hours notice of rescheduling is given deposits are fully transferable to another date. They are a minimum of 100$ and can be sent by interac e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deposit will go towards the final session of your piece. Please make the security answer "tattoo" if it requires one.
Large-scale multi-session pieces (large thigh pieces, halfsleeves, full sleeves, chest pieces, sternums, etc.) will be booked with a 200$ deposit and will be required to come in every month until the piece is complete. This ensures a timely completion with the most flawless healed result. 100$ from your deposit will come off each session.
Deposits are honoured for one year only. If you must reschedule your appointment I will allow you the client to do so twice before asking for an additional deposit or, depending, the entire cost of the tattoo up front. This always will be compounded and will go toward your final session. This additional payment will still be beholden to the original one year limit.
If you choose to send more than 100$ please be aware that it is considered a deposit and subject to all the same policies as above including that the deposit is completely non-refundable for any reason and will only count towards your final session.
6. Due to the heavy quantity of custom work I do you are guaranteed your drawing the night before your appointment. It is often sooner depending on my workload :) You do not have permission to post the drawing I send to you anywhere on social media including Facebook, Instagram and TikTok. My line art from tattoo sketches has been stolen by online merchandise companies and by other artists. Once the stencil is on ya feel free to post pictures of it and the final tattoo as much as you want!
7. Please do not give me full creative freedom on a piece if you actually do have requirements. Major re-draws or drastic changes to a drawing will either mean a reschedule to your appointment or a charge for drawing time depending on scale of changes made. I do my own custom work only and am happy to work with the client as much as possible to the limits of my artistic vision. In the rare case we are not be able to come to an agreement on a design, you are not forced to have it done. Your deposit is paid to cover my drawing time and that is non-refundable, but you are free to cancel and go elsewhere at any time.
8. I specialize in covering self-harm scarring and do this at a sliding scale rate depending on your income level. Please send me an e-mail to chat more!
9. I do not tattoo or communicate with anyone under 18. Please wait until AFTER your 18th birthday to contact me. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
APPOINTMENT DAY INFORMATION:
10. Cash payment ONLY. Payment is usually made at the end of your tattoo appointment. If it is the FINAL session of your piece your deposit will come off the final price.
11. IMPORTANT: You must eat something carb-heavy at least 2 hours before your appointment. I will not tattoo you if you have not eaten. I will send you out to buy some food and you will be charged for my waiting time. It is irresponsible and drastically increases your risk of fainting/going into shock to not eat. Please bring a sugary juice/pop as well as a snack to your appointment. It will help so much!
12. You MUST present a government-issued photo ID with your birthdate at your appointment even if I have tattooed you before. I accept passports, provincial ID (photo card or driver's license), and Indigenous Status cards. Should you forget your ID you can either go home and get it (you will be charged for my waiting time) or we can reschedule your appointment with an extra 100$ deposit paid to make up for my lost time. This will count as extra deposit and is subject to my regular deposit policies.
13. NO SHOW POLICY: 15 minutes late is understandable with a phone call or e-mail. 15+ minutes late with no call or e-mail is considered a no-show and your deposit is forfeit. In order to rebook after a no-show you will need to pay the entire price of the tattoo in a non-refundable payment at the time of booking. This is up to my discretion, though, and I may choose to not rebook depending on the circumstances.
GUEST SPOT BOOKINGS:
Due to the cost of travel and higher costs of living elsewhere in Canada, my hourly rates are higher when working abroad. Often I am beholden to shop guidelines where I am a guest as well as to higher percentage cuts than when I am working at home in my private studio.
I tattoo most often in Toronto and Vancouver. If you want to see me work at a shop close to you, e-mail me or the shop you have in mind!